Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rediscover & Regret

I've recently run completely out of my favorite lipstick and with no time to get another, i've been forced to turn to oldies. It's a good thing this happened because I have fallen back in love with MAC Creme d' Nude and The Faerie Glen. Since i've bought MAC Supremely Confident, i've been neglecting my others and have forgotten how awesome both of these lipsticks are.

Creme d' Nude is so creamy but lip balm is a must underneath because my lips tend to be dry. My lips are quite pigmented so nudes don't look crazy on me, just more natural than anything. Sometimes all I care for is one quick swipe across my lips to tone down the color and other times i'll do more to actually change the color. This is more of a peachy nude on me and i'll buy it forever. (The reason for the leopard tape is so that it stands out from the others. I can reach into my bag when I need to reapply it and I don't have to figure out which lipstick is which. That's how good of a lipstick this is, I would go back to it over and over again.)

Ahhh, The Faerie Glen. Such an amazing color and i'm sad I didn't buy more when I had the chance because it's limited edition. This was from the MAC holiday collection last year, A Tartan Tale. I guess I didn't use this as much because I know what's it's gone, it's gone. This has got to be one of my top lipsticks ever. It's my "my lips but better" shade and i'm in love. It's a pinkish beige and is so smooth and looks amazing on.

Has there been a product that YOU loved but your SKIN didn't?? Such a sad thing.
 So almost two weeks ago I purchased MAC Strobe Liquid and I fell in love with it, or so I thought. I've never used a MAC foundation or anything that goes completely over my skin before but I have heard of people breaking out from some of their face products. I've been mixing it in with my foundation and it's made my face not so dull and brighter....and two massive friends on my chin. I never have a problem with acne aside from the occasional "monthly" blemish, so when my chin went crazy I was almost certain it had to be this. I looked around online last night and sure enough people have had the same problem. This is the only different thing that i've been adding into my routine, so I can't imagine that somethine else is causing it. I guess that this product was too good to be true for me and that makes me sad.
xx

11 comments:

  1. love creme d'nude!! one of my favorites for sure.. its usually so soft that mine break though lol. love the leopard tape though and thats a great idea! i've also had some nudes from limited editions that i loved and i hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. creme d'nude is my favorite nude lipstick. every time i buy it i forget it in the car and it melts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Creme D'Nude but I don't wear it very often. I don't think nudes look very good on me! I usually go for something with a bit more pink or peach in them. My favorite go-to lippie is MAC Bare Again supreme sheen =) I LOVE it!!

    I also recently went back to wearing NARS sheer glow foundation and now have 2 friends on my face :) I love the foundation but I'm afraid it's making me break out! I'm going to give it another try later this month just to see if it's the foundation, or my hormones that are making my face go crazy! haha
    Cute blog!
    xx
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of the nude lippie packaging. You have a fabulous blog by the way! I will definitly be checking back to read more of your posts!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ____________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog, and i'm follower!
    if you want, visit my website!
    http://annapaneetulipani.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard that the strobe cream can cause spots too! It's very surprising from such a high end brand

    ReplyDelete
  7. love ur blog...

    follow back plz it means alot to me
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blog! love it

    @CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you think you love a product and it doesn't work out you should swap it. The link below explains it better, if you are unaware of swapping on makeup alley.

    http://girlieandglamorous.blogspot.com/2011/08/makeup-alley-swap.html

    ReplyDelete