Monday, September 12, 2011

Pond's Cold Cream

I know I did a post last month about my favorite cleansing cream and how i'd never use anything else, well....I was kind of "forced" to buy something else. While I still love the Merle Norman Cleansing Cream, the new product i'm using is just as amazing.

I ran completely out of my cleansing cream and there isn't anywhere for me to buy it where i'm living, so I needed a cleanser until I move back to Texas. I wanted to get something very similiar to what I was using, so I looked around online and found Pond's Cold Cream. My face is very sensitive and I was thinking that I was going to have to try a few before I found something that my skin liked, but from the beginning it's been great. I've been using it since about mid August and I love it. The only difference between the two is the scent, other than that they do the same exact thing with the same result. The Merle Norman one is pretty pricey, so I was surprised to find something just as good for only $4.69 at Target.

Like the other, it's thick, creamy, removes all kinds of makeup, cleanses, and leaves the skin feeling moisturized and soft.
  • The first thing I do is get some product on a cotton ball and rub it over my eyes to remove my eye makeup. It doesn't burn or sting at all if it gets into your eyes.
  • Then, I wet my face a little and smooth it all over my face and neck and leave it alone for about 5 minutes. Sometimes at night, I leave it on a little longer and I put a hot wash cloth over my face and it feels so good.
  • The last thing I do is remove it with a warm wash cloth, dry off my face, and add my moisturizer. I use Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream at night, Benefit b.right Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA++ in the morning, and Benefit b.right It's Potent Eye Cream morning and night.
I'm so excited that I found this cheaper alternative that will do the same thing for my face! I think that even when I move back home i'll still keep using this instead of the other, unless it makes my face suddenly freak out.
xx

7 comments:

  1. wow this sounds amazing. im like you, with sensitive skin so this sounds like the perfect product for me!

    just found your blog and i love it. im following :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds brilliant! I've been wanting to try the Ponds Cold Cream after hearing Kylie Minouge uses it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely! Most things irritate my skin but this sounds so gentle :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ponds cold cream. I use it on myself and in my kit. I've been using it since I was in middle school

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cream!!! Thanks for the review :D
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, you won the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out here...

    http://sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love cold cream but i always felt greasy afterwards.. im gonna try it like you! thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete