Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pump Up the Volume

Ah. I can't believe that I haven't done a post in so long! I've been busy and I had no time :(

TIGI BED HEAD Superstar Blowdry Lotion for Thick Massive Hair
My hair is all one length with no layers, so I really don't have any volume at the top. I'm always on the hunt for anything that promotes volume and this is a winner. I saw this at Target and it was buy one get one free, so I thought i'd try it. I've been using this for the past six months and it works awesome!

I was in a huge hurry when I was doing my hair today that I rushed through everything and I forgot to use this. I could tell the difference that this makes and without it, my hair is flat. It says that you can use it on damp or dry hair, but i've only used it on damp. I feel like if it were to be used on totally dry hair that it may be too stiff. This stuff is more of a serum than a lotion, it's watery and clear rather than thick.

I first towel dry my hair and add my other goodies, I use this product last. I pour a little into my hands and rub together, you don't need much of this at all, and I kind of scrunch it into my roots and concentrate it at the top. I blowdry my hair upside down until it's about 80% dry, then I finish with my head up. While i'm finishing drying, I over-part my hair so it's parted waaaay to the side, if that makes any sense, and i leave it that way until my hair is cooled. I do this because I feel like it helps with volume. This product definitely gives my hair a noticeable lift without it being sticky, stiff, or greasy. I love that this doesn't just last a few hours or even just the first day. It also protects against heat damage from styling! The bottle doesn't really give directions, so i wasted a bit of it trying to figure out how much I needed.

This is the best "volumizing" product that i've used and if your hair needs a little somethin' somethin', i'd give this a try.
xx

5 comments:

  1. nice! I shall give it a try :) I have layers but when I curl it i would love something that will pup-up my look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use some volume in my hair...I might have to try this! Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, so I follow you now :) Follow back maybe? :)
    http://seleniavonarthur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post and loving your blog - had to follow! please follow back!

    Get Glam
    Get Glam
    Get Glam

    ReplyDelete